Writer/Journalist: Innovation, Pop Culture and Tech
R+I Creative is seeking for an experienced writer/journalist. The successful candidate has the ability to conceive, write and create compelling content that will help us to grow new audiences—stories from 300-word news posts to 4,000-word long-form features for both our videos and digital platforms. This job is not about community management.
We cover a broad range of topics—from pop culture, innovative businesses, tech to dissecting social media trends, through an innovative approach to tell untold stories with a fresh point of view.
The ideal candidate should have:
• An excellent written communication skills and a strong passion of hot online topics
that are being shared, liked, recommended and discussed. Particularly with subjects that appeal to decision makers and future business leaders.
• The ability to write clearly, succinctly and in a manner that engages a wide audience.
• An open mind, a sense of humor, and a proven interest in covering business, media and tech topics in a way that is both accessible and compelling.
- Ability to write engaging, crisp, appealing and accurate posts quickly that people want to share.
- Strong editorial judgement
- Competent to creatively convert popular posts into short-form explanatory videos across our distribution platforms
- Knowledgeable and strong interest in editorial management
- Ability to tell complex stories in simple and understandable ways
- In-depth knowledge of photo and video editing software is a plus
- Create and manage an editorial calendar
- Research and pitch short-form explanatory videos
- Pitch ideas in our editorial meetings for posts, projects and videos
- Generate creative ways to illustrate ideas, processes and concepts
- Regular communication with R+I management team over site goals, traffic and progress
- Manage R+I’s social media accounts for their continual growth
- 1-3 years of writing experience for a social media account of a news organization, an app or major website
- Experienced in creating and telling stories through videos
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that generate engagement on social media platforms.
- Capable of establishing a social media presence and demonstrate ability to post what people share
- Ability to work collaboratively in small teams as well as independently
- High emotional intelligence
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plusIf this describes you, please send :
- A resume and cover letter that indicates why you are the right candidate for this position. In your letter, please include at least 3 links to your business-related published works or pieces (journalistic and/or educational examples are preferred). Briefly tell us about your favorite video formats on social media.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog